St. Kitts Marriott Resort
858 Frigate Bay Road
1 869 466 1200
St. Kitts Marriott Resort Rating:
The St. Kitts Marriott Resort is definitely the place to stay when visiting St. Kitts. Its a very nice property located ideally along the island's Atlantic ocean coast.
There several factors that make the location of the Marriott Saint Kitts resort ideal:
1. It's situated on a very nice and very long stretch of beach.
2. Very nice view to complement the beach.
3. Located on an upscale neighborhood on the island.
4. A short 10 minute cab ride from the airport.
5. A short 10 minute cab ride to Basseterre.
6. Walking distance to other beaches and restaurants.
The St. Kitts Marriott Resort facility is also in keeping with all other Marriotts. This is a relatively high standard and this resort certainly meet that standard. The facility is kept very clean and has everything one needs including several work facilities, kids club, several restaurants, 3 pools tennis courts and nice walking paths. It should be noted that the St. Kitts Marriott resort has the single best pool on the island. The pool offers an infinity area for small children with fountains and a swim up bar.
The restaurants are generally very good. In keeping with most resort type restaurants, the food is not the very best on the island. However the food is quite good and the cuisine ranges from basic fare, to chop house quality steaks to high end Italian and all are quite good and reasonably priced for resort restaurants.
The people at the resort (and everywhere on the island) are wonderful. Everyone was extremely helpful and provided that help with a smile.
During my personal stay at this resort I had just two knocks:
1. The lunch service was slow at the pool side restaurant 2 out of 5 days.
2. They do push sales of there time-share units. They are no more so pushy here than at other resorts the offer time shares, but you will be approached about the opportunity to "tour" the property. If you are not interested a simple "no thanks" goes a long way.
It should also be noted that the St. Kitts Marriott Resort does have a casino. The casino was nice and far from overwhelming. I hardly noticed it except for the one night I stopped in for a bit.
Based on the facts that The Marriott St. Kitts is a very nice property and the only true resort on the island, I highly recommend this as the facility of choice for anyone visiting Saint Kitts and Nevis. The other options include the Four Seasons on Nevis, but the cost there is at least double the Marriott. Likewise you could opt for one of the very small independent hotels on the island, the issue there that those properties have far less to offer and the service is rather hit or miss. Again you won't be disappointed with Saint Kitts Marriott resort.